1. Academic qualifications
- 2013 Dr. phil. in the subject of Psychology (magna cum laude), Faculty of Behavioural and Cultural Studies, Heidelberg University, Germany (joint degree programme with University of Chile and Catholic University of Chile)
- 2009 Accredited training supervisor of clinical psychologists by the National Accreditation Commission of Clinical Psychologists and the College of Psychologists of Chile
- 2007 Accredited specialist in psychotherapy by the National Accreditation Commission of Clinical Psychologists and the College of Psychologists of Chile
- 2003 Spanish Licensed degree in Psychology, homologated by the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports
- 2002 Master degree in Social-Cognitive Therapy, University of Barcelona, Spain (University degree giving access to PhD)
- 1997 Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Central University of Chile (approved with the highest distinction)
- 2017 Grant “Postdoctoral research abroad”, CONICYT- PFCHA / Becas CHILE postdoctorado en el extranjero/2017 – FOLIO 74180011
- 2013 Grant “Short duration research scholarships for doctoral students and young researchers”, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) (6 months at “Summer semester 2013”, Promotion Psychologie, Heidelberg University)
- 2012 Grant “Support to the doctoral thesis”, Chilean Commission of Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT)
- 2011 Grant “Doctoral internship abroad”, BECAS CHILE (3-months at the Section “Phenomenological Psychopathology and Psychotherapy”, Department of General Psychiatry, Heidelberg University Hospital)
- 2011 Grant “Events and short courses abroad”, Chilean Commission of Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT) (Introductory Course “EASE: Examination of Anomalous Self-experience”, September 12-14, 2011, Mental Health Center Hvidovre, Broendby, Denmark)
- 2010 Grant “Doctoral Programme in Psychotherapy”, Chilean Commission of Scientific and Technological Research (CONICYT)
- 2010 Grant “Short research stays abroad”, Department of Postgraduate, Vice-Chancellor of Academic Affairs, University of Chile (1-month at the Section “Phenomenological Psychopathology and Psychotherapy”, Department of General Psychiatry, Heidelberg University Hospital)
3. Practice in psychotherapy
- 2008-2017: Psychotherapy practice Phillips Medical-Psychological Health Center, Santiago, Chile
- 2011-2012 University of Chile Psychiatric Clinic, Santiago, Chile
- 2008-2009 Psychological Assistance Center for Students, Faculty of Psychology, Central University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
- 2002-2007 Center of Applied Psychology (PROA), Barcelona, Spain
- 2001 Centre de Salut Mental Maresme Sud i Nord (Masnou/Calella), Barcelona, Spain
- 2000 Centre de Salut Mental Baix de Llobregat (El Prat de Llobregat), Barcelona, Spain
- 2000 Centre Integral de Salut (CIS), Barcelona, Spain
- 1999 Centre de Salut Mental Alt Penedes-Garraf (Vilanova I la Geltrú), Barcelona, Spain
4. Clinical supervision and training in psychotherapy
- 2017 Postgraduate International Course of Specialization in Phenomenological Psychopathology and Psychotherapy for residents in psychiatry and early career clinical psychologists, Medical Faculty, Diego Portales University
- 2007-2010 Postgraduate Courses of Accreditation by the National Accreditation Commission of Clinical Psychologists and the College of Psychologists of Chile
5. Academic position
- 2013-2017 Academic Coordinator: Center for Studies on Phenomenology and Psychiatry, Medical Faculty of Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile
The activities in charge of this position included the development and coordination of international research projects and academic collaboration networks, organization of international events (conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, etc.), communication activities with the general public (media, press, talks, etc.), organization of postgraduate courses, scientific publications, in addition to all the logistics, strategic and administrative tasks involved.
6. Teaching and research
- 2016 Teaching Seminar (1-year): “Reading group: The phenomenological mind. An Introduction”, Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile
- 2014-2016 Coordinator, training supervisor, and co-investigator: International Research Project “From endo-phenotype to pheno-phenotype: potential phenomenological markers for schizophrenia”, Diego Portales University (Chile), D’Annunzio de Chieti University (Italy), and Indiana University (USA)
- 2012 Teaching Seminar (1-year): “Cognitive-Constructivist Perspectives”, Faculty of Psychology, Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile
- 2011 Teaching Seminar (1-week): “Psychotherapeutic techniques for the treatment of depression”, Unit of Mental Health, Chilean Ministry of Health, Iquique, Chile
- 2010 Clinical supervision in the intervention phase (1-year): International research project “School-based intervention to improve mental health of at-risk youth”, University of Chile, De Los Andes University, and University of Bristol (UK) (funded by Welcome Trust)
- 2009 Clinical supervision in the intervention phase (1-year): International research project “School-based intervention to improve the mental health of low-income, secondary school students in Santiago, Chile”, University of Chile and University of Bristol (UK) (funded by Welcome Trust)
7. Organization of International Conferences, Seminars and Symposia
- International Research Seminar: “Fenomenología y Ciencias Cognitivas” [“Phenomenology and Cognitive Sciences”], Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile, August to December, 2017
- 17th International Conference on Philosophy, Psychiatry and Psychology INPP 2015: “Why do humans become mentally ill? Anthropological, biological and cultural vulnerabilities of mental illness”, Teatro del Lago, Frutillar, Chile, October 29-31, 2015. 350 persons
- International Symposium: “Tendencias actuales en cognición social y neurofenomenología [“Current tendencies in social cognition and neurophenomenology”], Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile, October 24, 2014. 250 persons
- International Symposium: I Jornada de Fenomenología y Psiquiatría: “Perspectivas interdisciplinarias de investigación”, en coordinación con la Academia Científica de Estudiantes de Medicina ACEM [1st Conference on Phenomenology and Psychiatry: “Interdisciplinary perspectives of research”, in coordination with the Scientific Academy of Students of Medicine], Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile, March 22, 2014. 250 persons
- International Symposium: “100 años de la Psicopatología General de Karl Jaspers” [“100 Years of Karl Jaspers Psychopathology”], Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile, October 25, 2013. 250 persons
- International Symposium: “Fenomenología de la corporalidad: Salud y enfermedad” [“Phenomenology of Corporeality: health and illness”]. Faculty of Humanities, Andrés Bello University, Santiago, Chile, November 14, 2012. 100 persons
- Expert Evaluator of Research Projects, General Department of Research and Development, Austral University of Chile.
- Peer review evaluations: “Eidos: Revista de Filosofía”, Universidad del Norte, Colombia; “Eidos: A journal for Philosophy of Culture”, Warsaw University, Poland; Journal Psychosis: Psychological, Social and Integrative Approaches.
- Member of the Scientific Committee VIII National Congress of Psychology “In the Cinquantenaire”, School of Psychologists of Chile: New Answers for the New Century. Santiago de Chile, July 27-29, 2017.
- Member of the Honorary Committee of “Kongres Zdrowia Psychicznego”. May 8, 2017. Warsaw, Poland. This congress raised the need to improve the conditions of care in Mental Health in Poland, pointing to the need to promote social, structural and political change in this area.
- Member of the Scientific Committee XVIII International Congress of Psychiatry, Philosophy and Psychology, Why Do Humans Become Mentally Ill? INPP 2015, Frutillar, Chile, October 29-31, 2015.
- Others: Member of the Chilean Society of Clinical Psychology; Member of the College of Psychologists of Chile; Regular member of the German Association of Anthropological Phenomenology, Psychiatry, and Psychotherapy DGAP.